To Claim Your Home Owner Grant:
Eligible property owners can apply for their Home Owner Grant:
- Online at www.gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- Phone 1-888-355-2700
- Interactive voice response 1-888-355-2700
- Service BC offices
You may also view details of your tax account including assessments and bill summaries if you are registered. You will need your roll number and your access code from the upper right hand side of your property tax notice.
Place your cursor over the online services tab above the District logo and click on Property Taxes
To Register and View Your Tax Account:
- You may view details of your tax account including assessments and bill summaries if you are registered.
- Click on register on the upper right of the screen. Complete your user name and create a password (requires 7 characters). You will also need to add a name that you would like displayed on your virtual account and an email address.
- Click register. Once registration is complete a new screen will appear. Click on your name in the upper right hand corner and choose add a new account.
- Select account type PT-Property taxes (at the present time we only offer online services for property taxes), for the account group choose 514-District of Chetwynd.
- Use the 8 digits after the 514 of your roll number (including the decimal) and access code from your property tax notice for the roll and access code fields. If you do not have your access code, please contact the District Office at 250-401-4100 to obtain your access code. Click save account. (You may add more than one property tax account by choosing save and add another account).
- To view your property tax account place your cursor over the online services tab above the District logo and click on property taxes.